There are 31 properties currently listed in Newport. At this time there are 3 "Green" lodging properties listed of which 3 properties have completed the iStayGreen Audit. Hotel Viking has been awarded a 3 Green Eco-Leaf Rating.
To qualify for the Green Eco-Leaf Rating Hotel Viking completed an audit of their property's compliance with over 70 unique eco-initiatives. Environmentally friendly measures that are reviewed include energy efficiency, water conservation, recycling, enviromentally safe cleaning, reduction of waste, ongoing maintenance, purchasing habits, plus many other factors. In it's efforts to create a more sustainable travel future and reduce their impact on our environment, Hotel Viking employs 33 eco-initiatives.
For detailed information regarding environmental measures currently employed by Hotel Viking please contact the property directly or email iStayGreen.org.
The Hotel Viking is an environmentally conscious hotel. We not only aim to provide exceptional quality services for our guests, but are committed to the implementation of proactive measures to help protect and sustain the local, national and global environment for future generations. By working together we can create a safe and clean environment and ensure that environmental issues are kept at the forefront of everyone’s mind and given proper attention at all times.
Principles 1. We will raise awareness with our employees regarding protecting the environment and give clear guidance on how they can assist the operation in minimizing the hotel's environmental impact. We will also encourage our employees to practice this philosophy outside of the hotel.
2. We will always aim to exceed any environmental legislation. We have a genuine desire to protect our environment.
3. We will seek to gain support from our customers, contractors and suppliers to ensure that they are made aware of our environmental policy.
4. We will be committed to conserve natural resources by ensuring the responsible use of energy, water, waste and raw materials.
5. We will actively encourage engagement with the local community on environmental awareness.
6. We will continuously seek to improve the impact of all of our environmental principles through an active environmental committee consisting of employees from all levels. The committee helps identify and explore new ideas and opportunities as well as strategies to accomplish them.