There are 29 properties currently listed in Richmond. At this time there are 18 "Green" lodging properties listed of which 7 properties have completed the iStayGreen Audit. Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel has been awarded a 3 Green Eco-Leaf Rating.
To qualify for the Green Eco-Leaf Rating Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel completed an audit of their property's compliance with over 70 unique eco-initiatives. Environmentally friendly measures that are reviewed include energy efficiency, water conservation, recycling, enviromentally safe cleaning, reduction of waste, ongoing maintenance, purchasing habits, plus many other factors. In it's efforts to create a more sustainable travel future and reduce their impact on our environment, Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel employs 48 eco-initiatives.
For detailed information regarding environmental measures currently employed by Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel please contact the property directly or email iStayGreen.org.
Committed to the Environment
The Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel is proud to have received the 4 Key Green Key Rating from the Hotel Association of Canada. This award is given to a hotel that has shown national industry leadership and commitment to protecting the environment through wide ranging policies and practices. Mature programs that involve management, employees, guests and the public have shown substantial and measurable results.
Energy & Water Conservation
- Energy efficient lighting - Low flowshower heads and toilets - Convention floor lighting is turned off when not in use - Linen and towel reuse program - Chemical cleaners are being phased out and replaced with biodegradable/vegetable-based and/or non-toxic alternatives - Sensors and water conserving faucets in all public restrooms and in staff areas
Recycling and Environmentally Friendly Purchasing
- All guestrooms, offices and meeting rooms offer recycling options and signage to encourage recycling and reduce waste - We use a minimum of 30% post-consumer recycled paper which saves energy, trees water, bleach and landfill space - When replacing old equipment, there a policy in place to give energy efficient equipment high priority - Linens, towels, and other items that no longer meet guest standards are donated to local charities/staff - Chemical cleaners are being phased out and replaced with biodegradable/vegetable-based and/or non-toxic alternatives - Local organic produce, sustainable seafood and fair trade products are purchased whenever possible - Bulk dispensers and products are purchased and used whenever possible - Suppliers' environmental policies are requested and evaluated before making purchasing decisions
Raising Awareness and Communication
- Environmental issues and solutions are communicated to all staff and guests to increase environmental awareness - Green committee meetings are held monthly - Guestrooms are now 100% smoke-free - Signage to encourage recycling and reduce waste in guestrooms and with all staff is placed throughout the Hotel
Conference & Meeting Facilities
- Brand new high efficient HVAC system in place that is controlled by programmable thermostats set to function schedules - Dimmer controls are offered in all meeting rooms - All meeting rooms are equipped with recycling bins - Note pads, napkins, office paper, and other paper products are purchased with a minimum of 30% recycled content - Whiteboards are available in meeting rooms to reduce the use of flipcharts and water-based markers and pens provided instead of permanent ink markers - Optional water pitchers instead of water bottles and choice of jugs of juices are available instead of individual bottles - On-line catering menu’s - Double-sided printing on photocopiers and printers whenever possible
How can our guests help?
- Re-use towels - Recycle paper and plastics in your guestrooms and meeting rooms - Turn off your lights, TV and radio in your guestroom - Turn off the heating and / or air conditioning in your guestroom while you are away and close the drapes