There are 88 properties currently listed in Vancouver. At this time there are 33 "Green" lodging properties listed of which 10 properties have completed the iStayGreen Audit. Delta Vancouver Suites Hotel has been awarded a 3 Green Eco-Leaf Rating.
To qualify for the Green Eco-Leaf Rating Delta Vancouver Suites Hotel completed an audit of their property's compliance with over 70 unique eco-initiatives. Environmentally friendly measures that are reviewed include energy efficiency, water conservation, recycling, enviromentally safe cleaning, reduction of waste, ongoing maintenance, purchasing habits, plus many other factors. In it's efforts to create a more sustainable travel future and reduce their impact on our environment, Delta Vancouver Suites Hotel employs 32 eco-initiatives.
For detailed information regarding environmental measures currently employed by Delta Vancouver Suites Hotel please contact the property directly or email iStayGreen.org.
We are currently working on replacing all lighting in F&B outlets and Meeting Rooms to LED lights.
Some of our other Green Initiatives completed..
- We have a full recycling facility for paper, cardboard, glass, plastics, bottles, grease and organic waste.
- Installed occupancy sensors in all public washrooms and Fitness Centre.
- Used June Jacob amenities are donated to a charity for sanitation and then distributed to those in need.
- Discarded linen and blankets are donated to Salvation Army for those in need.
- Incoming faxes for accounting are now automatically stored as an electronic PDF rather than printed on paper.
- Introduced organic waste recycling for F&B and staff eating area.
- Used batteries are returned for safe disposal / recycling.
- Purchased recycling bin for the lobby for guest convenience.
- Burnt out light bulbs are recycled safely.
- Installed bicycle racks for staff to promote greener, cleaner and healthier means of travel to work