There are 8 properties currently listed in Culver City. At this time there are 2 "Green" lodging properties listed of which this is the only lodging property that has completed the iStayGreen Audit. Courtyard Los Angeles Westside has been awarded a Green Eco-Leaf Rating.
To qualify for the Green Eco-Leaf Rating Courtyard Los Angeles Westside completed an audit of their property's compliance with over 70 unique eco-initiatives. Environmentally friendly measures that are reviewed include energy efficiency, water conservation, recycling, enviromentally safe cleaning, reduction of waste, ongoing maintenance, purchasing habits, plus many other factors. In it's efforts to create a more sustainable travel future and reduce their impact on our environment, Courtyard Los Angeles Westside employs 36 eco-initiatives.
For detailed information regarding environmental measures currently employed by Courtyard Los Angeles Westside please contact the property directly or email iStayGreen.org.
• Ozone laundry system uses no natural gas, no hot water, and no harsh chemicals
• Pool uses saline rather than chlorine
• Energy-saving fluorescent light bulbs are used throughout the hotel
• “Exterior Insulated Finish System” (EFIS) insulates the building from the elements and from noise
• All windows have dual-glazed glass for noise reduction and insulation against heat and cold, reducing energy costs up to 75%
• All appliances are energy-star rated
• All mechanicals, from refrigerators to air-handlers, are the latest in energy-efficiency
• All toilets and showerheads have low-flow rates to reduce water consumption
• Towel and linen reuse program is encouraged in all guestrooms to reduce water consumption
• Used linens are donated to shelters
• Hotel boasts two “green” rooms in which only all-natural cleaning products are used
• All paper, cardboard, glass, and cans are recycled
• Paperless check-in process reduces paper consumption
• Letterhead, envelopes, and business cards are printed on recycled paper
• Hotel participates in Culver City’s quarterly electronic waste round-ups to ensure that these items are disposed of properly
• Water pitchers used for meetings instead of water bottles