There are 9 properties currently listed in Ojai. At this time there are 4 "Green" lodging properties listed of which 4 properties have completed the iStayGreen Audit. The Oaks at Ojai has been awarded a 2 Green Eco-Leaf Rating.
To qualify for the Green Eco-Leaf Rating The Oaks at Ojai completed an audit of their property's compliance with over 70 unique eco-initiatives. Environmentally friendly measures that are reviewed include energy efficiency, water conservation, recycling, enviromentally safe cleaning, reduction of waste, ongoing maintenance, purchasing habits, plus many other factors. In it's efforts to create a more sustainable travel future and reduce their impact on our environment, The Oaks at Ojai employs 25 eco-initiatives.
For detailed information regarding environmental measures currently employed by The Oaks at Ojai please contact the property directly or email iStayGreen.org.
1)5 flash heaters installed for guest suites.
2)Marking pen by water station with a request for guest to reuse their cup by writing their name on it.
3)Pegs on the wall in the gym and teachers reminding guests to use only one twoel per day and hang it on their hook to reuse throughout ther day.
4) Cards in guest bathroom explaining that room amenities will only be replaced by request.
5) Showers have bult body wash dispensors to reduces small bottles.
6) All batteries are recycled every 3-6 months
7) Used goods like furniture, fitness equiptment etc is all donated to charity to keep it out of the land fill.
8) Lights on timers as well as watering system
9) electronics, paint and other items are recycled once a month with the California waste recycling
10) All email correspondants have a request to save paper and not print "Go Green keep it on the screen"